James joined GreenLight Media & Marketing in 2013 and has 16 years of Brand Leadership and marketing experience, making an impact on award winning campaigns for the GRAMMYs, Hyundai, Pepsi, Nissan and Infiniti.
While his dreams of becoming the next Dave Grohl didn’t pan out, his dedication to branding, passion for music and do-it-yourself spirit has made him a perfect fit with the culture of GreenLight.
James is a voting member of the Recording Academy and has been an integral partner with the GRAMMYs since 2007, where he has led and executed:
· The GRAMMY rebranding assignment to coincide with the 50th GRAMMYs
· The launch of the GRAMMY Museum in 2008
· Seven award winning GRAMMY telecast campaigns (2007-2013)
· The award winning Hyundai GRAMMY Amplifier program (2013-2016)
· Hyundai partnership activation around GRAMMY Week and onsite at the GRAMMY Awards
His passion and enthusiasm for music history has led him to be a reputable music history source, where he has contributed his knowledge to music programs like Spotify’s “Music Happens Here” series.
James has been a champion the Summer Meltdown since its inception and supported it each year.